Thursday, May 19, 2011

What the hell?

  First, and the best thing, my little man rolled from his back to his tummy and back again. He then proceeded to find his voice. I am so proud! Fisher is growing fast right before our eyes. Everyday he makes new discoveries, his tounge, his voice and of course the ability to roll back and forth. My first reponse to this new skill was to scream, clap and then call my mother to tell her how amazingly smart her only grandson is. Her reaction? To promptly tell me how awful it is going to be when he starts crawling, wich is apparently pretty soon. What the hell mom? Shouldn't you just be happy? Since then, Fisher has also began to grab toys and even shake them around. Occasionally I will catch him sucking on his thumb. I know the thumb thing is not the most impressive but I definatly think its the cutest. Maybe it is because we saw him sucking his thumb on Christmas in a ultrasound. It has always stuck with me.
  In the past week I think that I am learning as much as baby boy is. I am getting much better at doing laundry. I mean really doing laundry.... washing, drying, folding and hanging. I CAN DO IT ALL! Also, I am getting better at the whole dishes thing. I absolutly hate dishes, even with a dishwasher I can't stand the whole process. When I was a kid I always tried to con my mother into doing the dishes for me. It always worked because I would clean the bathroom for her. It was always a fair trade but I got the better end of the deal in my eyes. In school I lived off of paper plates and the microwave dinners. I also sent my clothes to the cleaners to be done. I was spoiled to say the least. Even though this stopped when I got pregnant, I was still spoiled. Well, those days seem to be a lifetime away. Now I am here, still spoiled but in a different way, our own house a beautiful baby boy, a wonderful man I can count on for everything. So I'm happy.
   Since it took over an hour to type what is 20 minutes worth of  thoughts I should deal with my baby now. He is grunting in the middle of tummy time meaning only one thing......

No comments:

Post a Comment